Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 December 2008

Xmas in Koh Phangan

It was the first time I spent a Christmas eve on a beach, wearing flip flops and with kind of unknown people!
No Christmas trees and no Santa Claus with presents, but I have to say, I had so much fun! Sorry mummy! :)
I felt guilty for part of the night, having been raised with the idea that Christmas is time for family and then New Years Eve with whoever you want!

I felt guilty until the bucket started to kick off :)

The night started with a dinner on the Haad Rin beach, where the full moon parties happen! I was in good company: Jo and Sheniz, the two crazy ladies from London; Joe and Steven, the two English guys managing the hotel Ibiza and organising the NYE party; JJ the NYE supporter DJ and Honey, an undefinable sweet (but savory when needed) lady from London...



A few beers, good food...there was even turkey, that's how westernised the south of Thailand is...then a few tunes in the balcony played by JJ and Joe and then we decided to get into the crowd and experience the all Haad Rin vibes!
What can I say?
The things I remember: the smell of petrol coming from the guys doing acrobats with fire, us fighting with balloons on the street, Thais shouting to sell you buckets "Take a bucket, f**k it!", us laughing for nothing and then ending in the private balcony facing the beach, dancing all night whatever JJ decided to play!

It was really good fun, except for the day after when I woke up with a killing headache, in the house of who knows who...with Honey biten by mosquitoes and bugs, JJ with a foot injured and with a sister missing, Jo...the oldest, the one that should take care of the youngest one :)

...ah, and with enormous rack sacks to carry to the next resort :)

No comments: